Since the Richter Scale and was last applied using Moment Magnitude scale,
|Gempa bumi JEPANG , Sendai, honsu march ,11 2011|
updated april 2011
1. CHILE on 22 May 1960 with an earthquake measuring 9.5 magnitude and take life more than 1600 people, occurred on the coast and triggered a tsunami up to Japan, Hawaii, and also the Philippines and caused casualties of 170 inhabitants.
2. ALASKA , Prince William Sound on 28 March 1964 with magnitude 9.2 magnitude earthquake and tsunami followed, causing the victim only 128 inhabitants.
3. INDONESIA, offshore 250 km (155 miles) west of aceh sumatra north with a depth of 30 km. on dated 26 December 2004 with 9.1 magnitude earthquake followed by tsunami that swept the country Indonesia (Aceh), Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Somalia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Maldives, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Seychelles, Kenya, Madagascar and Mauritius. raises the total casualties at over 200,000 people
5. Russia, Kamchatka peninsula, on 4 November 1952 with an earthquake measuring 9.0 magnitude, followed by a tsunami that just destroy some physical material properties in Hawaii, Honolulu and Pearl Harbor, and no reports will be casualties, and until now I blogging about this, magnitude calculation is still in the recalculation, because it is still in doubt the validity of between 9.0 or 8.2.
6. CHILE, offshore bio bio 95 km (60 miles) northwest of Chillan, on the 27th of february 2010 with magnitude 8.8 magnitude earthquake at a depth of 35 km, followed by tsunamis and make casualties as much as 577 people and destroyed hundreds of thousands of homes and buildings .
7. Ecuador, off the coast of Ecuador and Colombia, on 31 January 1906 by an earthquake measuring Magnitude 8.8 (still in its validity re count), followed also by the tsunami, which killed between 500 to 1500 deaths in Ecuador and Colombia.
8. Alaska, in rat and adak islands, on the 4th of february 1965 with magnitude 8.7 earthquake followed by tsunami also 7.10 meters tall, there's no soul in this incident report, the population is possible because there tends to be very little, only the physical building and landing runway on the island shernya and atu.
9. INDONESIA, Sumatra 205 km north northwest of Sibolga, on 28 March 2005 at a depth of 30 km, with magnitude 8.6 magnitude earthquake followed by tsunami that caused the victim soul 1300
TIBET, Assam, on 15 August 1950 magnitude 8.6 earthquake (on the count back), which caused 780 victims of the soul, many buildings were destroyed in nyingchi-qamdo-zhamo (eastern Tibet)
richter scale : a rating of an earthquakes magnitude based on the size of the earthquakes seismic waves
moment magnitude scale : a rating system that estimates the total energy released by an earthquake
Strong earthquake in Japan that caused the tsunami on Friday, has shifted the main island of Japan, as far as 2.4 meters and also alter the earth's axis as far as 10 cm.
how earthquake happen ?
how tsunami happen ?